Aw, the logo looks cute. And it goes with the design of my blog. What a win-win situation.
A very big thank you to Lorraine Versini who nominated me for the ‘Liebster Award’ – I finally have a blog update with a purpose. *Cue the applause*. In order to welcome and encourage “new bloggers” (with under 200 followers) to the blogging world, the Liebster Award is nominated by bloggers to award other bloggers.
To accept, all you have to do is:
1) Link and thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3) Tag 11 bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4) Ask the 11 bloggers 11 questions, and let them know you nominated them!
So here are the questions which I have been asked, along with my answers:
How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
Pretty boring. I sat at my computer contemplating my answer for this question for over an hour. It was half past one in the morning before I gave up and retired to my bedroom for the night. I still don’t know who I am. ‘Who am I?’ from Les Misérables would be an appropriate song to sing right now. I’m Jean Valjean.
What’s the worst thing you’ve ever eaten?
Bertie Bott’s Every Flavoured Beans purchased from the Warner Bros Studio Tour. Anyone who has ever read/watched Harry Potter should be familiar with this confectionery. Every flavour literally means every flavour. I had the misfortune of eating (well… spitting out) vomit and rotten egg flavoured jelly beans. It was nearly a year ago and I’m still scarred from the occasion. I can remember the taste a little too well.
What’s the best movie you’ve seen this year?
I’ve watched quite a few movies released in the cinema this year. I’ve watched 12 Years a Slave, The Book Thief, Divergent, The Other Woman, Bad Neighbours, The Fault in our Stars, The Quiet Ones, Inbetweeners Two and Deliver us from Evil. Whilst some reduced me to tears (12 years a Slave, The Book Thief, Divergent, the Fault in our Stars- yes okay, basically the majority of them), some I felt like I wasted two valuable hours of my life which I could have spent doing absolutely nothing (like Bad Neighbours, for example). I’m rambling on, like always. I think Divergent has been the best film I’ve watched this year followed by The Other Woman which surprisingly made me laugh until I thought I was dying (but I’m a hypochondriac, I only have to stub my toe and I can convince myself that I’ll never be able to walk again).
List three things that are on your bucket list
1) To visit every capital city in the world. 5 down, 194 to go. (Assuming that there are 199 capital cities in the world- I’ve researched this and every website says something different. 199 was the coolest number provided).
2) To publish a book. But I’m not imaginative enough to have ideas for my blog, let alone write a 200 paged novel.
3) To spend a working shift behind the bar. This just proves how boring I am. I currently work in a restaurant but I’m not old enough to serve alcoholic beverages and pulling pints looks fun. It’s probably really boring after you’ve served the first pint but hey ho.
What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve done as a kid?
Pft. I’m still pretty much a kid. I’m 15. I can’t remember anything I’ve done which is naughty enough to publish in my blog. I remember I drew a face on an apple in Primary School and my teacher made me feel really guilty about wasting my food because there are starving children in the world. I probably cried that night.
What’s the item you carry around with you most of the time?
My iPod. I can’t explain why. I hardly ever carry earphones around with me so I’m not able to listen to music 99% of the time and once I leave the house, there’s only limited places with WiFi connection so I literally carry around extra weight. That’s probably why I’m so strong. I laughed at that joke, please laugh at my jokes.
Could you live without the internet? In what ways would your life be different, then?
I could live without internet. Internet isn’t the source of oxygen so it wouldn’t kill me. I’d probably die of boredom though. If I didn’t have internet access, I would probably be so much more skilled at playing my viola, banjo and guitar and I could read everything that’s been on my to-read list for literally ever. But my life has pretty much been built around the internet.
What’s the best photo you’ve ever taken?
The Queens Theatre in London. My favourite place, ever.
What is the thing you’re most afraid of physically?
If you asked me this last year, I would have answered with dogs. I’ve always been afraid of dogs since I could remember. A dog came up to me on a beach once and pushed me over, unprovoked. That was horrible. I’ve kind of ‘trained’ (not being ironic here, I’m punny. Wow, stop!) myself to be normal around dogs this year, but I still ‘poo’ (dog humour) myself (not literally) when I’m around them but I’m not as bad as I used to be anymore.
You’re an actor/actress and you get the role of your dreams. Who would you be?
I have four dream roles if I ever pursued a career in the acting industry. In fact, it’s on my bucket list regardless. The Doctor’s companion travelling through time and space in the TARDIS. John Watson accompanying Sherlock Holmes and solving mysteries and unsolved crimes. A Disney Princess, any five year olds dream (or a fifteen year old, in my case). And lastly, Éponine Thénardier from Les Misérables, the lonely and love struck teenage girl who dies in the place for someone she loves. What a lovely and happy role.
What’s the best place you’ve ever visited, or the best event you’ve ever been to?
LONDON BABY! (If you read this in Joey Tribbiani’s voice then I love you, please be my friend).
My nominations for the Liebster Award:
I am still trying to learn how to use WordPress and I’m still discovering new accounts. These are six accounts which I have found and enjoyed reading the works of. I’m sorry if I’ve nominated you and you already have over 200 followers or if you have already done the award before.
My Questions for my Nominations:
1. What is your favourite TV show?
2. What is your favourite book?
3. What is your favourite film?
4. If you could meet anyone, either living, fictional or from history, who would you meet?
5. What’s your favourite number? (Yes, everyone has a favourite number, don’t they?)
6. If you could marry any fictional character, who would it be?
7. Whose fictional death have you never been able to get over?
8. If you could travel anywhere (where money is no limitation) where would you go?
9. If you had to spend £1 million, what would you spend it on?
10. What is your ultimate favourite song?
11. If you could reinvent yourself, what would be the three most important features you would choose?
And there we have it, a whole blog post with a topic.