I was going to post a blog update on Friday night but I actually left the house to go to a party. I know… surprising right? I still made myself a cup of black tea and stole some ginger biscuits whilst sipping on a gin and tonic at the same time so my Friday night wasn’t THAT different to the norm.
Anyway, I’m sorry these blog posts are far and few between; I’m planning on posting weekly once the new year begins. That is my New Year’s resolution and that is one that I am most definitely going to try my best to keep to.
Now onto the real topic of this post:
My sixth post onto this blog was the 101 in 1001 which I posted 441 whole days ago. The post is essentially a bucket list of 101 things which I hoped to have achieved in 1001 days. I’m only 58 and a half days away from the half way mark so I thought I would share my progress, or lack of with you:
Italic writing are updates that I’ve included in this blog post.
- Make at least 101 blog posts (57/101)
Only 44 blog posts to go
Get 101 followers Get 1001 blog hits
- Write 10 book reviews on catherinesblogs
- Write 10 film reviews on catherinesblogs
- Write 10 advice posts on catherinesblogs
- Write 10 Top 10 posts on catherinesblogs
I don’t even think I’ve written a single post regarding any of those topics above. There’s 40 posts already planned.
- Update once a month on my progress of 101 in 1001
I have failed this one. There is no redeeming myself of this.
- Blog every day for one month
- Complete a list of 101 things that make me happy
- Complete a 100 facts about me blog post
I’ve attempted this but I struggled to get to fifty facts because I’m so unfathomably boring.
- Put £5 in a box for each completed task
- Donate £2 for each uncompleted task to a chosen charity
- Set up savings account
Save money by not buying clothes/shoes for onemonth
I haven’t bought myself clothes or shoes in ages. Ages.
- Keep my job throughout the 1001 days
So far… so good.
READING AND WRITING
- Read 50 books
How was I meant to keep track of the number of books that I’ve read in the last 438 days?
- Write 1001 words of a novel
- Write in a diary every day for one month
- Read a book in a day
Make a scrapbook on my visit to Disneyland in January
- Fill up a notebook with short stories
I obviously thought I was imaginative when I made this goal.
- Get a library membership
- Learn to get over books with cracked spines
- Create something special for Greg’s grave
- Win next year’s Charity Tennis Tournament for Greg
I came last……. Sorry Greg.
TV AND FILM
- Watch 50 Disney films
Again, how was I meant to keep track of my progress here?
- Watch Series 1-10 of FRIENDS
(in order without skipping to my favourite episodes)
- Watch Doctor Who revival Series 1-8 in order
(just because I need something on this I can tick off)
Find another TV series to obsess overI got very obsessed with Pretty Little Liars and then lost all interest when season six was available on Netflix.
- Go the cinema on my own
Note to self: You SHOULD have seen Hunger Games- Mockingjay Part Two at the cinema. You should have done.
See something at the cinema I wouldn’t usually see
I went to see Jurassic World and wasn’t expecting it to be about dinosaurs… How stupid can I get?
- Watch 100 films
I haven’t even counted how many films I’ve watched this year. I watched a really heart wrenching film yesterday however, it tore me apart… Still Alice.
FOOD AND DRINK
Bake a cake
I made cupcakes and scones… that counts as a cake, right?!
- Cook a meal on my own from scratch
(without giving myself or anyone else food poisoning)
Make and drink 50 cups of tea
(because I’m ALWAYS forgetting to drink my cup of tea whilst it’s warm)
I probably had 50 cups of tea today alone, let alone in 1001 days.
Have a steak cooked under medium-well
I had it cooked medium-rare whilst on holiday. I blame it on the language barrier.
- Try sushi
I am too un-adventurous for this.
- Make a cocktail
- Have a picnic under a nice tree
This is a massive problem when you suffer from hayfever.
THINGS TO DO WHEN I’M 18
- Go Bingo
Pour a cask aleBoooooyah! Perks of working in a pub/restaurant
- Do not get a tattoo because my Mum will not like it and I will regret it.
(The original post was ‘get a tattoo’ but my mum didn’t like the idea of it and changed it, haha).
HEALTH AND FITNESS
- Go indoor skydiving
- Become physically and mentally healthier
- Become able to run 5k
- Complete the Race for Life
- Go to the gym three times a week for one month
- No chocolate/sweets/biscuits for one month
- Have a spa day
- Go segwaying
- Go on a zipline
Have a cave man session at the gym
- Ride a bicyclePffftttttt…. Me? Excercise? You’re having a laugh.
- Go to the Warner Brothers Studio Tour
This will happen. I am telling you, this will happen.
- Go to Thorpe Park theme park
- Go to Spain with my sister
Go to a WaterPark
- My sister and I went to Siam Park in Tenerife last year. Amazing.
See Les Misérables again in the West End17th February and the 26th May 2015 AND I met Celinde Schoenmaker on both occasions.
- Go camping
Weekend in London
7th November. We went to see Celinde Schoenmaker in Phantom of the Opera for my seventeenth birthday.
- Weekend in Paris
- Weekend in Dublin
Go the theatre to watch something which isn’t Les Misérables
- Go to a live music event
- Go to a convention with Doctor Who and Sherlock actors/actresses
- GET A BOYFRIEND
- Make a new friend
- Go on holiday with my best friend
Meet a famous person (Celinde Schoenmaker and Carrie Hope Fletcher)
- Learn to drive
I’m seventeen. *Resisting the urge to burst out in Miss Saigon lyrics*. I NEED NEED NEED to start learning.
Get at least 5 A’s at GCSE
6A’s and 6B’s… Booyah!
Pass my French GCSE
(at any grade because i’m THAT hopeless)
GCSE FRENCH: GRADE B! Jai dix-sept ans.
- Do my homework on the day it has been set for a whole month
- Stop procrastinating
Learn to fingerpick on my banjo/guitar
- Learn another song on my banjo which isn’t The Beatles
If I hadn’t snapped the highest string…
- Learn to play the piano
Properly learn how to play ‘River Flows in You’ by Yirumi on guitar and piano
- Properly learn how to play ‘Claire De Lune’ by Debussy on guitar and piano
Buy myself a ukulele Learn to play the ukulele
Get my nosepierced
I’ve done my rebelling, I feel fulfilled.
Get my eyebrows done (18/10/14)
- Dye my hair brown
- Become organised
- Become interesting
- Find something that will ALWAYS cheer me up
Use my Costa ClubcardIt’s an absolute God-send when your college has a Costa Coffee and you have two and a half hours to kill… every single day.
Buy a colouring book
- Buy myself a camera
- Draw something uber cool with sharpie pens
- Set off Chinese Lanterns
THINGS THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN
- Travel in the TARDIS
- Become a Disney Princess
- Go shopping with Leighton Meester
- Meet Blake Lively
- Solve a case with Sherlock