It’s that time of year again where you get bitten with the blues… or is that just me being a moody mare?
I went to see the Sound of Music last week when the UK tour hit Stoke-on-Trent and it was such a good production. I would definitely urge you to see it if it comes to a theatre close to you. The Sound of Music is arguably one of the most iconic musicals and I will defy anyone who can’t name at least one show tune from it.
To cure myself from this downer mood, I simply remember my favourite things and then I don’t feel so bad…
- Obviously musical theatre… I think you knew this one was coming. I don’t know where I’d be without it. My mum and I even booked (more) Phantom of the Opera tickets for the end of the next month… on the same day as Miss Saigon. Two shows in one day is going to physically and mentally drain me but it’ll be SO GOOD.
- Tea and mugs. I need several cups of tea a day just to function. I have more mugs than necessary. I have about fifteen mugs too many but nonetheless, it’s what makes me happy. In fact, I’m going to have to take a break from writing this and make myself another.
- Pesto. Pesto pasta and pesto chicken. Mmmmmm.
- Yorkshire puddings and pancakes. Without a doubt, I would love to marry whoever invented these two foods.
- Doctor Who. It’s been my favourite TV show since I was six years old. Eleven years of hardcore dedication that is. I’ve even been in the Doctor Who Adventures magazine or the ‘DWA’ as the cool kids used to call it.
- Blogging. I genuinely cannot think of anything better to do than to whack on a musical theatre soundtrack and write a bit of babble to upload.
- Knitted cardigans and snazzy shirts. The biggest Grandma cardigan you can imagine worn over the most colourful shirt… that is my dream outfit.
- Eddie Redmayne.
- Lola the Viola. I barely talk about my viola to anyone any more which is so sad but it’s still my pride and joy.
- A cringeworthy Rom-Com. Probably my biggest guilty pleasure.
- Chocolate cake with pouring cream. I have such a craving for this right now and I feel like I’ll never be satisfied until I have this sitting in front of me.
- Scrapbooking. Nothing cheers me up more than reminiscing on all the amazing days that I have put into my scrapbook.
Well this isn’t the most coherent of blog posts so I’m going to draw it to an end here and hopefully cheer myself up with some cookies which are hiding in the pantry. Shhhh don’t tell my parents it was me who ate them.