23:55, January 3rd 2018. That’s a date for the diary. The precise moment I submitted the world’s hardest assignment; an essay question regarding concentrated wealth, major conflicts of class interest, systematic propaganda and the mass media. Yeah, I don’t understand it either.
This blog post is coming to you from a first class train journey to London. I’m currently surrounded by five beverages and a muffin whilst watching Dreamgirls on the complementary WiFi, what more could I want to make me happy? I am, however, very out of place being surrounded by folk who raise their pinkies as they drink their tea and pick bananas over muffins.
Now my assignment is well and truly out of the way, I am six days days late (yeah, I don’t know what I did between the 4th and 7th either to warrant not writing a post) to wishing you folks a Happy New Year and to bore you with my resolutions for 2018:
- Find something, no matter how big or little, to smile about every single day. I can’t stress enough how important it was for me finding happiness and positivity in the smallest of things when I had a dark cloud hanging over me. I’m the happiest I’ve been in a long while and I intend on this lasting.
- The whole cliche shebang about blogging more. I stuck to a pretty a good schedule for the first half of 2017 but I became very complacent when I started university. I am determined on keeping this blog very much alive this year.
- Yes, I will be motivated. I will work hard. What am I paying £9,250 for if I can’t get motivated to do work and do it well? 2018 will be the year I start my work the day it has been set.
- Read more magazines. For someone who is desperate to get their foot into journalism, I don’t read enough magazines. I read newspapers and online publications and apart from a couple of copies of Cosmopolitan here and there, my magazine consumption is disappointing.
- THEATRE! See lots and lots of theatre. Nothing makes me happier than sitting in the audience of a show. The talent, the scenery, the acting, the music.
I’m determined to make this year a productive one. Have a brill year and hopefully, I’ll keep resolution number 2 and see you very soon.